1. There have been changes to the vendor subscriptions and upgrade packages. Our basic vendor package is now FREE and includes access to VFSOT and the Vendors Lounge. Please copy and paste the link below your browser and visit this thread for more details. http://thebabywearer.com/forum/threads/vendor-subscriptions-and-upgrades-all-vendors-please-read.538498/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. **NOW FREE**Check out our all-new Media Gallery! Browse and upload your photos and build your own online albums. Limit of 50mb/member and 5mb/picture. Please tag your photos here as you would on Instagram, as well as filling in the fields for specific information. Utilize the new geekery format for tagging wrapping photos, too! Note: All uploads to the Media Gallery are subject to TBW/BWI photo release policies. By uploading media to the gallery, you are accepting this policy.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Do you want to leave a review of your experience with a vendor or a carrier? Are you looking for reviews before purchasing a carrier? Please visit our Vendors and Reviews forum - OPEN NOW and being populated with vendors and carriers daily. Please follow the link in the menu bar at the top of the screen (mobile users click on the three horizontal lines to open the full menu).
    Dismiss Notice

Oscha Slings

Discussion in 'Wraps' started by TBW Reviews, Aug 2, 2015.

1. TBW Reviews

TBW Reviews Carrying On Vendor

2. Bluewater

Bluewater TBW Devotee - Gold

Purchased From: Oscha's website
    Date Purchased: July 2015
    Purchase Price:
    New or Used: New
    Age/Size of Wearee: 10 months onward
    Comfort:

Quality of Construction:

Overall Rating:
    I have what was listed as a size 5 Oscha Seabreeze Grad Linen but it measures so long it is really a size 6. I got it for the summer heat (we make it into the triple digits on a regular basis) and it is my first 100% linen and I really like it. Feels much cooler to the touch than cotton, nice and airy so it is great for that. Completely solid, very moldable and makes small knots. The grad is lovely as well. I have worn this for 3+ hours at a time in a front carry and have no complaints. However, it is not our first choice when it isn't hot since we like a some cush and stretch. You have to wrap precisely, if you get it right then you'll be fine but if you don't it will be very unforgiving.

0729150837a.jpg

divia likes this.
  3. Bluewater

Purchased From: Oscha's website
    Date Purchased: Sept 2015
    Purchase Price:
    New or Used: New
    Age/Size of Wearee: 15 months, 19 lbs.
    Comfort:

Quality of Construction:

Overall Rating:
    I have a size 7 Orion Skara Brae (measures 5.15m soft tape in hand). This wrap is a medium thin, lightweight cotton/hemp/linen blend (30% cotton, 50% hemp, 20% linen). It is a very solid, supportive wrap with minimal bounce and stretch. It is kind of similar to a Didy or Storch stripes with an overall flat feel but the pattern gives it more moldability and it is very airy. It is fairly grippy and has little cush.
    I use this wrap mostly for long carries and it does a really good job. It stays where I put it and is supportive for hours even with sloppy tightening. The tight weave makes it fairly durable, I've dragged the tails in parking lots with no problems. The blend does crease like crazy but I like ironing so I don't mind. I'm looking forward to trying it out during the summer, it is airy enough I hope it will be a decent hot weather wrap.

Attached Files:

4. AllTheDISO

AllTheDISO Feeling the Fabric

Purchased From: Secondhand
    Date Purchased: Late January 2016
    Purchase Price:
    New or Used: Secondhand
    Age/Size of Wearee: 2 years/ 25 lbs
    Comfort:

Quality of Construction:

Overall Rating:
    image.jpeg I have an Oscha Oki Eventide size 7. This is a 50% linen/50% cotton wrap with a list weight of 240 g/m2, mine was secondhand and broken in.
    I have been carrying my 25 lb 2 year old while in the third trimester of pregnancy and I have to say I love this wrap. Linen is less forgiving in complicated wrap jobs than some other fibers.
    I have mostly been using a wiggle proof Back carry with a twist finish and it has been amazingly comfortable. It is a nice tight weave so in spite of being thinner than some of my wraps it is very comfortable and supportive. Once you have a tight and secure wrap job it stays put!
    I think it's thin enough and floppy enough once broken in I will also be loving it with my squish. It keeps us both cool and comfortable!
    My photo is my husband attempting a FWCC with the toddler, even with a looser wrap job she was comfortable and so was he for 2 hours at IKEA!

5. Bluewater

Follow up for Sea Breeze linen grad a year later!
    3324.jpg

My toddler is now two years old and 25 lbs. We have used this wrap for two very hot summers now and are looking forward to a third. We don't use it often when it isn't hot but when the temperature gets into the triple digits it is the first wrap I reach for. This wrap remains the ultimate for support but also remains the most unforgiving wrap I have ever tried. A good wrap job will give you a comfortable long carry even with a heavy toddler but you will be feeling a poor job quickly. The good news is you get immediate feedback while wrapping so you can be careful and get it right.

This wrap broke in to be nice and soft. The weave is bomb proof, we've done it all in this wrap and it laughs at abuse. It folds up tiny and light, you can practically fit it in a pocket.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    divia likes this.
  6. Bluewater

Follow up for Orion Skara Brae one year later.

3362.jpg

OSB turned out to be an excellent hot weather wrap. I went hiking with it at Glacier National Park last summer and my toddler napped in it regularly. OSB and the grad linen are the only two long wraps I will wear outside once air conditioning is being used indoors. It is slightly warmer than the grad linen but feels downright cushy and bouncy when you've been wearing the grad linen for awhile. That's only in comparison to the grad linen though, it is still not a bouncy, cushy, stretchy ace bandage sort of wrap.

As it broke in it lost some grip but still has enough to hold a slipknot well. The texture calmed down quite a bit and the wrap is silky to the touch. It's thin and light so it's very easy to wrap with while still having a structured feel to it that I appreciate with a toddler.

7. Thoured

Thoured Feeling the Fabric

So you still have it? I am looking for one myself!

8. Bluewater

I'm not sure which wrap you mean by "it" since I did reviews and follow up reviews for two wraps but the answer is the same so that makes it easy. Yes, I still have Orion Skara Brae and the Sea Breeze grad. Both of them will be staying forever. If you are in the Oscha Slings group on Facebook you can put out an ISO in the correct folders for them. Orion SB pops up pretty regularly, there are two ring slings for sale right now (one gathered and one pleated). Grads are getting a little less easy to find but aren't hard yet.

9. Bluewater