There have been changes to the vendor subscriptions and upgrade packages. Our basic vendor package is now FREE and includes access to VFSOT and the Vendors Lounge. Please copy and paste the link below your browser and visit this thread for more details. http://thebabywearer.com/forum/threads/vendor-subscriptions-and-upgrades-all-vendors-please-read.538498/
Check out our all-new Media Gallery! Browse for free, or upgrade to upload your photos and build your own online albums. The Babywearing Groups and Events category will remain free, though. Please tag your photos here as you would on Instagram, as well as filling in the fields for specific information. Utilize the new geekery format for tagging wrapping photos, too! Note: All uploads to the Media Gallery are subject to TBW/BWI photo release policies. By uploading media to the gallery, you are accepting this policy.
A brand-new vendor review system is now live! Find the link in the menu bar at the top of the screen, and head over to check things out.
Thanks for your patience - our server migration is now complete! We anticipate significant improvement in performance and uptime on our new host.
Terms of Service and Rules
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content, except where explicitly noted.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.
General Posting Guidelines
- Use a descriptive title for your post.
- Post in the relevant forum. Moderators will move off-topic posts.
- Avoid cross posting. (Defined as posting the same topic in two or more locations.)
- Be gentle with other community members. Do not post comments that are derogatory, insulting, inflammatory, baiting, harassing, humiliating, intended to question others’ character or intentions, or are generally mean-spirited. Use of the private messaging (PM) system to insult or harass members is also in violation of our community standards for conduct and should be reported to a moderator.
- Have an awareness of sensitive and controversial topics. There are many subjects (religion, politics, war, abortion, racism, etc.) that can be very divisive when discussed in a public forum. While TBW does not have an outright ban on any specific topic, the moderator team will lock and/or remove any threads or posts which alienate or disrespect the community.
- Avoid inappropriate language and subject matter. This includes the use of profanity and the posting of sexually explicit content.
- Respect other online communities. Do not post links to other forums with the express purpose of encouraging members to join those forums to debate a topic. This is disrespectful to other online communities, and can encourage trolling and have negative impact on our community.
- Seek permission before surveying for information on the forums. Please contact an administrator before posting to seek information for any commercial or external use.
- This is an English-language site, please either post only in English or provide a translation if you post in another language.
If a member violates any of these rules, a warning may be given and that member's post(s) and/or thread(s) may be edited or deleted by a member of the moderator team. In most cases, a moderator will contact the poster via PM to let them know that an edit has been made, but in some cases the moderator may instead describe the reason for the edit at the end of the post.
Depending on the severity of an infraction, a member may receive a temporary ban (3-, 7-, or 30-days). Repeated infractions will result in longer temporary bans or potentially a permanent ban.
If guidelines are violated, members may be placed on probation, which involves the restriction of selected privileges for a period of time while the moderator team monitors the member's activity.
The administrators of TheBabywearer.com have the final say regarding all posts. Inappropriate posts will be removed and the poster will receive temporary ban for the first offense, with increasing length for subsequent infractions, and eventually a permanent ban. At this time, bans will be 3, 7, or 30 days or permanent, but those may change at any time. For especially egregious offenses, a more aggressive punishment may be applied at the sole discretion of the administrators. No refunds for paid upgrades will be given due to a banning, regardless of duration. If you have questions regarding acceptable content, please contact TBWforward@gmail.com
- up to 255 characters, and five lines of text (including blank lines)
- commercial or non-commercial URL, with or without slogan (Please note that a signature link upgrade is required in order to insert a link in your signature.)
- links to your feedback at TBW or elsewhere, when appropriate
Signature files may not include…
- promotions e.g. “sale on this month”
- image files or banners
- items FS/FT and links to items in the Marketplace forum(s) -FSOT,FSOT-OT,ISO,V-FSOT
- links to eBay listings (Note: You may include a link to your eBay store if that is your primary place of business.)
- content that could be seen as inflammatory to other members
- a link to a business that you do not own
Moderators may edit signatures that do not comply with these rules.
Posting, Editing, and Deleting
- Post only content that is truly safe on the internet. Although this is a closed forum, there are no requirements to join. Assume that anyone could read what you post at any time.
- You will be able to edit your posts for a limited period of time. Today, that is 6 months. This could change at any time. If shortened or if this ability is removed, no recourse will be given, and the moderators/administrators will not edit for you. Should you feel that editing of an old post is necessary, please ‘report’ the post and note your reasons. A moderator or administrator will contact you.
- Deleting of posts will not be permitted. If you delete posts by editing to remove all of the content on a repeated basis, your account will be banned. Please participate in our community and leave your posts for others to read and learn from later.